Reef Experience Family tour of the Great Barrier Reef
The Reef Experience family tour is an unforgettable experience for your family!
- Departs from No. 8, Finger A Marlin Marina, 1 Spence Street, Cairns
- Boarding at 7:30 am for an 8 am departure
- Returning around 4:30 pm
- Visits: 2 Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
Reef Experience Family tour is Cairns’ only ALL-inclusive tour to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
On the way to the reef, ensure you get an excellent seat for the Marine biologist presentation. It’s both fun and informative. During this presentation, you will learn about the reef, including how we can all help protect the reef.
This Great Barrier Reef day has family-friendly activities, Snorkelling is a breeze with a swimming noodle to help you float, and there is so much to see.
Let’s begin with snorkelling over the largest coral reef in the World.
Next, ask the crew to help you find Nemo.
A Great Family Outing at an Unbeatable Price!
Reef Experience family tour is for two adults and two children (age 4-11 years). Three years old and under travel free of charge.
Not confident in the water?
We know the best place to see the Great Barrier Reef is in the water, and we will be happy to assist you even if you can not swim.
Skipper for the day
While you are on board, kids can also have a drive of the boat and a picture with the Captain.
During the day, there are also activities to keep little ones occupied with many cool reef pictures to colour in.
- 2 Outer Barrier Reef locations
- Scuba diving
- Glass Bottom Boat tour
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in
- 08:00 – Departure and Safety Talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel and scuba diving.
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20 minutes)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese and biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
Reef Experience includes
- Up to 6 hours at two outer reef locations.
- Unlimited snorkelling
- Snorkelling and scuba diving equipment
- Medical Conditions apply for Scuba Dive (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive no-experience necessary at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit scuba).
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Return transfers from Cairns city accommodation.
- Marine Biology Presentation
- Breakfast: BBQ bacon and egg roll, coffee, tea and fruit platters.
- Delicious BBQ lunch with fresh salads.
- Cheese and biscuits
- Fruit platter and a glass of wine
- The crew are happy to help first-time snorkelers and non-swimmers.
- Large sun deck with sun lounges
- Air-conditioned indoor areas.
- Reef tax, fuel levy and National Park fees.
- No hidden costs.
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs including T-shirts, hats etc.
- Dive Guides for certified scuba divers
- Instructors included for beginner divers
- Prescription mask hires if you require lenses to see.
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns business area
- Second scuba dive at the afternoon reef site
What to bring
- Cash and credit card for purchases
- Swimwear and towel,
- Hat and sunglasses,
- Scuba certification card for certified divers
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’.
Arrive back at Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm.
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are within walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where.
Scuba diving information
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia, has the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire. Some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving. Our mission is to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Reef Experience Medical Questionnaire
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or send us an email.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. You should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive for multiple dives.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.
Reef Experience Family Tour
Great Barrier Reef Tours, Reef Experience
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, or EWay. All pricing is in AUD.
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule, alter a reservation, or make any amendments to prepaid tour components, such as equipment hire, guided tours, or course fees.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. No refund or compensation will be issued for unused equipment, prepaid/pre-booked courses and/or Scuba dives, or guides if you cannot complete the entire tour. Please see Scuba Diving – Important Information below.
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information, we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
Terms And Conditions
- No alcohol may be consumed before in-water activities.
- Children’s prices are from 4 to 11 years of age.
- Locations, vessels and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances, but with full consideration of your safety and enjoyment.
- All Reef Levies and EMC charges are included in your booking price.
- Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance at +61 7 4037 2700
- We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries, all of which are subject to change without notice.
- Neither this site nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, any loss, any damage, delays, deaths or personal injury.
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance that covers personal injury and the events, including but not limited to your cancellation for any reason and the cancellation or alteration to the scheduled itinerary for reasons involving weather or passenger, crew or vessel safety. Please read your insurance policy's wording carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
- Please inform us of any special requirements 48 hours before your travel date, such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the ‘Booking Message’ section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team.
SCUBA DIVING - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please note it is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
- You must complete a Medical Questionnaire before participating in any Scuba activities.
- Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Queensland Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor on board.
For example, here’s a list of medical conditions that will/may prevent you from scuba diving: Asthma / Wheezing or the use of an inhaler, Brain, spinal cord or nervous/anxiety disorder, Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint, Chronic sinus condition, Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax), Diabetes, Chest Surgery, Heart Disease of any kind, high blood pressure, Crones Disease in particular. Please note medical conditions are not limited to the aforementioned; there are many other conditions.
- If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please check with our Office or complete our ‘CAN I GO DIVING’ questionnaire on our website.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to be proactive concerning their medical conditions and take medications to ensure they are ok to scuba dive if they wish to do so on the day.
- Upon arriving at our vessel, and before commencing any dive activities, all passengers must complete our liability forms. All information provided must be strictly accurate. If during the tour, it becomes apparent that a form has been incorrectly completed, either by omission or false statement, we reserve the right to prevent any customer from undertaking any scuba diving or snorkelling activities while on board our vessel. Any decision made in this regard will be at the absolute discretion of the Dive Crew aboard the vessel.
- Please be advised that if you are not allowed to Scuba Dive due to your medical condition/medication this is the decision of the Queensland Dive Doctors, and their decision is final.
- DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions, and you should be fine to scuba dive, as it is the medication that can be the problem when scuba diving.
- No refunds on uncompleted dives due to medical conditions or change of mind.
- Please remember you must allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
- If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba Dive, please contact our Office at 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected], we will be only too happy to help you if we can. Alternatively, consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1.’
There are no reviews yet