Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Adventures
The Great Barrier Reef is 2600 km long stretching from the Torres Strait in the north, along the east coast of Queensland to Lady Elliot Island in the south. The Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Adventures departs from Airlie Beach in the beautiful Whitsundays. Airlie Beach is on the Queensland coast between Townsville and Mackay. This tour can also pick up passengers from Hamilton Island on the way to the Great Barrier Reef.
We have two pontoons at two different Whitsundays reef sites. The majority of our day cruises visit Hardy Reef, but if you’re booking large groups or visting on a cruise ship, we will usually take you to Knuckle Reef Lagoon. The pontoons have a choice of areas to relax and a great range of activities. There is undercover seating and tables, sun decks for topping up the tan, freshwater showers, change rooms and full access to the air conditioned comfort of our reef vessel. There are numerous ways to explore the reef, from the underwater viewing chamber, to the semi-submersible submarines, or snorkelling like a fish beneath the sea!
The Whitsundays pontoons are adjacent to coral walls, the length of which you can explore. The sites have their own ecosystem with magnificent corals and a diversity of marine life found only in sheltered areas, providing a unique world for you to explore. The prolific fish life will surprise and delight you – especially the giant groper!
Whitsundays Great Barrier Reef Adventures inclusions:
- Unbelievable snorkeling with all gear provided
- An innovative and spacious reef pontoon
- Semi-submarine boat ride
- Underwater viewing chamber
- Waterslide and activities for the kids
- All you can eat buffet lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Presentations by reef experts
- FREE wetsuit usage
- Sun deck for topping up your tan
- Complimentary coach pickup and drop off at your Airlie Beach hotel, hostel or resort.
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Introductory and certified scuba diving
- Guided snorkel tours